Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nile Valley

I must say this was quite a find. We, my girlfriend and I, found it while driving past; we thought that the advertised Mediterranean food sounded good and we were correct. It was delicious. We both ordered the buffet, as to get a fuller sample of their cuisine and everything we tried was very good. The falafel was fresh, the babaganosh was excellent, and all the various veggie dishes I tried were approaching perfection. Further, these were sitting on a buffet. I can't wait until next time I swing by to try something fresh and made-to-order.

This restaurant was a very nice change as it is local and inexpensive. While most of the restaurants near the old capitol are either chains or a bit pricey, this one definitely stands out. (That's not to say that there aren't other cheaper, local venues, only that they are a minority) It serves a large variety of vegetarian dishes in addition to some north African/Grecian foods, e.g., gyros, kofteh, etc. One interesting aspect of their food was the heavy use of peanut. It worked well, but was different and a nice change of pace.

It is on Gilbert about a block south of Burlington. I heavily suggest that you try it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

No comments: